Thursday, January 8, 2009

For Tomorrow

I dream of a world without hate, that isn't going to happen, is it? I cry at the mere thought of teasing. Oh children, don't cry.. I know how that feels. When will the world see what you have done? When will weed no longer be the obsession of police and rapes will be watched more clearly? Never? I don't know. It kills to think that America is so upset with drug abuse and yet a rape can be forgotten about in a couple years.. Is that fair? I don't think so. Do these people know what it feels like to go through something like that? No, no they don't. They are so quick to judge.

I dream of a world without lies. Rest your eyes and forget about the lies? I think not, a child can always remember the lies you told. Stop. Stop while you are ahead. Truth is one of the hardest tasks, but it is always harder accepting your fate. Why? Why must it be so difficult to 'man up' and deal with the consequences? Run, run away. Are you chicken? STOP. Stop running from your problems, your actions caused this. Feel no mercy for tomorrow is a new day.

I dream of a world without sexism. Most people would agree that sexism is decreasing, do you accept that? I don't. You see the phrase in the last paragraph? Man up? Yeah that is there for reason. Why can't it be woman up? 'Take it like a man' That is crap. Try having a baby!

I dream for tomorrow to come with sun and surprise. A world to change and a world to find truth. But that isn't going to happen, is it? Maybe no tomorrow, but you and I can fight for what should be right. Together as a country or world, this can all change. I believe in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment